Per portion: MAKES 8 SERVINGS
- Calories 312
- Fat 13g
- Protein 30g
- Carbohydrates 17g (LESS WITH NO OATS)
- Dietary Fiber 1g
- 2.5 lbs extra lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion
- 1 small red or green pepper
- 2 ribs celery
- 1/2 cup zucchini (optional)
- 1/2 cup broccoli stems (optional)
- 1 Tbsp garlic chopped
- 1 Tbsp. dried thyme
- 1 Tbsp. dried basil
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 4 egg whites
- 2 cups rolled oats (SKIP THE OATS TO MAKE IT LOW CARB…ADD IN MORE VEGGIES)
- Cook all veggies until just done and soft, adding the garlic during the last minute or so of cooking (about 12-15 minutes total). Set aside to cool.
- Pre heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Put all ingredients together in a large bowl and mix well with your hands.
- Rub 2 loaf pans liberally with olive oil or use silicone pans (works best). Fill loaf pans with meatloaf mixture.
- Place pans on baking sheet to catch any drips and bake for approximately 35-45 minutes or until it reaches 135 degrees with a meat thermometer.
- Remove from oven and let rest for at least 20-30 minutes.
- Turn out onto a cutting board and slice into thick slices.