Lemon Detox Drink Recipe
Mix any of the following:
- 1 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar (it has to be raw, unfiltered, with the mother)
- Juice from 1 lemon or 1 tbsp. pure lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1-2 tbsp. Honey (raw and local is preferred…IF YOU ARE WATCHING SUGARS…OMIT THIS)
- Water – You can dilute this as strong or as weak as you prefer. I usually add about 1/4 cup water.
Benefits of each ingredient in the lemon detox drink:
- Apple Cider Vinegar (acv) has lots of minerals, vitamins, and enzymes. It has to be raw, unfiltered, and with the mother. You will see a dark, cloudy substance in your jar. That’s the mother. Here’s a bit about the mother:
- The mother is the result of natural enzymes and minerals in the vinegar.
- The mother is killed when the vinegar is over processed, over heated, pasteurized, filtered, and altered.
- The mother is used to make more vinegar (hence the name “mother”).
- You can eat, drink, & use the mother topically. It’s very safe and nutritious.
ACV is great for digestion. If you suffer from indigestion, don’t get commercial antacids. Drink acv daily instead. Here are some benefits of acv:
- Balances pH levels
- Lowers cholesterol.It’s pretty magical stuff
- Cleanses your system leaving your skin glowing & clear
- Gives you more energy.
- Reduces bloating & water weight
- Suppresses appetite (because it balances your pH levels and thus your glucose & insulin levels making you fell satisfied longer).
- Can help with muscle aches and pains
- Lemon Juice: Another acid and works very similar to acv. You can drink either one or mix both together. I mix them both together.
- Cayenne Pepper: Lots of good stuff in this little spice.
- Improves digestion
- Reduces bloating
- Increases blood circulation.
- Breaks up mucus and toxins in blocked and clogged arteries, making it great for heart health
- Honey: It is ideal that you use raw LOCAL honey. Honey is made by bees from pollen. So you want local pollens in your system. It will help tremendously with seasonal allergies. Since you are ingesting what you are reacting to from allergies, you are building an immunity. Raw honey has probiotics which are great for digestion. If you do not like the taste of the vinegar & lemons, add honey to sweeten the drink.