Ginger Garlic Butternut Squash Zoodles
190 calories for 4 oz meat portion 4 oz noodle portion
Protein 31 Carbs 20 Fat 4
- 1 Pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts – cut into bite sized pieces (roughly 1- 1 ½’’ cubes)
- 2 tbls coconut flour
- ½ tsp Salt , plus more to taste
- ¼ tsp Fresh Cracked Black Pepper , plus more to taste
- Butternut Squash Noodles(spiralize 1 pound butternut squash)
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes , to taste
- 8 Cloves Garlic – minced
- 6 TBS Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
- ¼ Cup Sake
- 2 packets stevia or 1-2 tbls sweetner
- 3-4 tsp Fresh Ginger – grated (depending how strong of a ginger taste you want)
- 1/8 tsp Kosher Salt
- ½ Cup Scallions – thinly sliced
- Sesame Seeds , to taste
Prepare a 8×11’’ baking pan with cooking spray and preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
For the Chicken: Place the chicken pieces, coconut flour, salt and pepper in a plastic bag. Shake the bag until the chicken is well coated.
Heat large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, and sauté until lightly browned, turning to cook all sides, about 2-3 minutes. (chicken will be raw on the inside) Transfer to prepared baking pan and spray the top of chicken with cooking spray.
Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through
Meanwhile: Add the butternut squash noodles and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove to a bowl and set aside.
Add the garlic to the pan and sauté until fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add the remaining sauce ingredients and bring to a simmer, whisking occasionally. Simmer for 3-5 minutes or until sauce in thickened. Turn heat off under skillet.
When chicken is done cooking add it to the sauté pan and toss to coat. (Alternatively, pour the sauce over chicken in the baking pan and toss to coat. Or, toss both noodles and chicken with sauce)
Serve chicken over noodles. Garnish with scallions, sesame seeds and additional red pepper flakes.