SERVING SIZE: 1 waffle
YIELDS: 1 serving
– 40g vanilla whey
– 15g coconut flour
– ¼ tsp baking powder
– Stevia/Monkfruit to taste
– 46g egg whites
– 15g nut butter (natural/sugar free)
– 17g sugar-free jelly (any flavor)
– water to consistency
*Note: When baking with protein powder, we recommend staying away from pure isolate powder as that does not bake well (turns recipes to a cardboard texture). Whey/Casein blends usually work best for baking — our favorite is Devotion Nutrition brand. Using another brand of protein powder may result in slightly different macros.
- Heat up waffle maker.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine whey, coconut flour, baking powder, Stevia/Splenda, and egg whites. Add water until a waffle batter consistency is reached.
- Pour waffle batter into waffle maker (greased with non-stick cooking spray) and cook until done.
- In another small bowl, add PB2 and mix with water until a peanut butter consistency is reached.
- Spread “peanut butter” on waffle with jelly. If your macros allow, feel free to use real peanut butter keep in mind this will increase the fat content.
- Fold waffle over into a sandwich and enjoy!